A pet peeve of mine is when people spout on Facebook that they have no real friends. First of all if I see your post on Facebook what am I? Your FRIEND, unless you just keep me around to be nosy. (my life is pretty poppin right now so I don’t blame you) Point being you probably have friends you just dont take advantage of them properly. Cuz imma ride or die for my friends, when they let me know when and where the fight is.
Just because someone doesn’t jump through hoops to be all up in your face does not make them a bad friend. But It does make me feel like you not looking for a friend, you are looking for a minion.
Lol Facebook probably should be called acquaintance book
I think some people need a reminder of what a friend is, so I will help you all out.
1. A person who you like, and who likes you back and you all are NOT smashing
2. Someone where if you need assistance you are not afraid to ask them for it
3. Someone who if you ask for assistance and they tell you no, you still like them
4. Someone who even though you don’t talk to them every day when you do speak its not awkward
5. You don’t feel pressured to hold a conversation with them, sometimes you just enjoy their presence.
6. You tag each other in social media posts at least once a year
7. When they text you out of the blue you don’t automatically assume they want something from you, but if you do, you are happy to assist
8. You recognize that they may have friends or hobbies that don’t pertain to you but, they still cool
9. You don’t feel like you need to hide yourself or certain parts of your life from them, you don’t feel judged
10. When you do things together you are happy
11. You are always rooting for them, even if you do not speak often
12. You don’t feel used when you are with them
Someone doesn’t just stop being your friend because you do not text every day.
If you really feel some type of way about someone not contacting you, you contact them! Also remember that people don’t run on your time. So if it takes them two days to respond they were busy, but after that happens a few times, now you know how important you are to them so adjust yourself accordingly. People make time who they want to make time for. You do too.
Friendship goes both ways. Just like I could’ve checked up on you, YOU could’ve checked up on me. If it really bothers you enough to the point that you feel like you are being mistreated? Is that REALLY your friend/ and why are you trying so hard to force them to you? People don’t have to miss you ya know.
Most friends these days are not mind readers, they do not know you have a problem in your life unless you tell them, they will not be able to be there for you unless you let them know. Yes they could’ve checked on you, but you also could’ve reached out and let them know you are struggling.
Friendship duties go both ways, they can’t be a good friend if you don’t let them be.
Picture stolen from @aprilamosart on instagram i love litlle Charlotte and Tiana they are sooooo cute